Saturday, July 16, 2005

Letter:My Reputation

To EDITOR LETTERS: 201

When I set forth as journalist 71 years ago, I did so solemnly taking an oath to report the whole truth, to inform citizen-voters as fits a Republic striving for Democracy. Yet events that are clearly news are shamefully under-published, or ignored by U.S. media.


On June 7, 05, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer published my letter regarding such a situ. The response was voluminous: readers and the PI asked for my documentation which I provided. (EmilyHorswill.blogspot.com.) On June 10, the PI published a letter condemning me on the basis that I have none!

Ms. Ordell, also, wrote that the Palestinians are fully compensated for bulldozed dwellings, 4,700 by UN count, 5/03 !! Even Ms. Ordell's accusation of my lying (see her "a child") is not factual." She obviously has no idea of hundreds of thousands displaced, wandering, hungry and thirsty. Were the 18 that the bulldozer driver buried alive adequately compensated? ditto the blind? All such situations are reported repeatedly (EmilyHorswill.blogspot.com) Where are Ms. Ordell's sources?

Again, CAMERA (6/23) published condemnations further condemnations quoting NYT, LA Times, Arizona Daily Star and Tucson Citizen!

Only if some editor publishes the truth, or by involving an attorney, can I re-instate my reputation.


I wrote the first article published under my by-line 71 years ago. Subsequently, twenty-six articles and weekly columns earned awards. Mike Lowry, Stew Udall, Secretary of the Interior under three Presidents, and others, read my work before Congress, both national and state: auto-bio, in progress; 2 historical sequels and a collection of my weekly columns, editor-ready.
Emily Horswill, 3333 148st SW., Lynnwood, Wa. 98037: emhorswill@earthlink.com; 425 -741-5401,

No comments: